Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sketching with the dreaded white pen

I sketched this guy with my white pen onto the brown paper bag I'd stuck in my Moleskine. I was waiting to see the midwife today and I liked the idea of sketching this man because of his flat cap. He looked kind of out of place among the other people in the waiting room. Also, he was right opposite to me so I thought it would be a good opportunity to see how I would get on with sketching a face following on from my portraiture class the other day. Well, I was amazed! I started by drawing the hat and then when I began to draw the face I had absolutely none of the hesitation and nervousness about it that I used to have! One portraiture class and I have overcome my fear! I'm so pleased about that. And also (you'll have to take my word for this) the man on this page actually does look like the man I saw in the waiting room! Unbelievable!
Equipment: White Uniball Signo pen, brown paper bag stuck onto a page of Moleskine sketchbook. The lines have come up a bit fuzzy in the scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment