Sunday 21 April 2013

Out and about in Redfield with the Moleskine




Here are a few I've done over the last couple of days. The first was a man at the surgery while I was waiting for the midwife. I almost didn't draw him because the bald spot was putting me off. But he was the only person in the waiting room so I had to just get over it! The next are of people in Tesco Metro while I was waiting to pick up a camera I'd ordered online. It's a shame I don't have more excuses to sit by the checkouts there as you definitely see some interesting people passing through, and they stand relatively still! I then went to the park briefly. I'd intended to draw a couple more people there but no-one was nearby. Then this dog came and stood in front of me, expectantly. I'm sorry I've called him 'Stupid Dog' I'm sure he's not. He just had a funny look on his face and was kind of knock-kneed with big fluffy paws that was all making him look quite comical.

These were all done with a pitt pen 'S'. The colours are Promarker and Berol Markers 'fine'. I found a pack of Berol markers in my cupboard I've never really used. Think I acquired them from a school I was working in. It never occurred to me to use them in 'art' but due to the Creative Every Day 'Colour' theme I've put a couple into my carry around pencil case in order to have some new portable spot colours.

2 comments:

  1. I really the way you colorized these. There's something about the limited color use that makes them seem...I don't know the right word, but I'm going to use important... I really like the man with the bald spot! I think it is VERY well done (the bald spot in particular, I mean) and his shirt is great. The woman is tied with him for number one...I love her hair and the roundness of her makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the woman looks like someone out of a historical film. I could imagine her as a cook in an old house a couple of centuries ago. I've got into a thing now for just carrying 2 or 3 colours with me and changing them every couple of days. It keeps me looking out for different colours when I'm out. It's a fun way of working! x

      Delete