Saturday 27 April 2013

Coconut Candle on Paper Bag Illustration (& EDM 312)

This was drawn purely in response to EDM #312 - 'Draw something very light'. I've woken up this morning and my back is killing me so I wanted to draw something to take my mind off it! I'd also been trying to find something in the kitchen draw this morning and had pulled out a stash of brown paper bags I've been hoarding so reckoned drawing with white pen on one would tie in nicely with this 'light' theme.

The candle was sitting on my table and it is definitely 'light'. It produces light, the packaging is light - it has a white label around a gold tin, but mainly I think it is light because the smell of the coconut makes me feel light. It makes me think of holidays and sunshine and purity and relaxing.  I love the smell of coconut more than any other smell. My baby's daddy always smells of coconut...which may be why he's my baby's daddy...!

This brand of candles are the best! I have another one called 'Powder Puff' and it smells just like powder. The smells are SO accurate to what they say they are and are really strong but are also subtle and natural, not overpowering. I guess I should credit them. They are made by Lily Flame and are made locally in Somerset. They are in a tin with a lid so I think once they're finished they would be good for water pots for painting, although I'm yet to reach the end of one, they last ages!
Equipment: Brown paper bag, Uniball Signo pen in White, Staedtler Triplus Fineliner in Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment