Wednesday 24 April 2013

Sketching on the way to class

I sketched a girl on the bus, a lady in the cafe at the Bristol Folk House while waiting to go into my new portraiture class, a lady on the bus on the way home, and the girl who took her seat when she got off the bus.  I was so pleased when I saw the lady with the bright orangey-red hair sit down in front of me. What perfect providence for a spot colour sketch! At the point when the girl took her seat I only had another 2 short stops before it was my stop and I didn't think I'd have enough time to sketch her but I couldn't miss out on the opportunity to get that bright pink pen out. I sketched her so quickly I started to draw in the knitted lines of her hat which I actually think really makes the sketch!  I need to get a pen for colouring in black skin tones.  I've got a few pens I use for skin tones but none that are anywhere near right for black skin. All of these were drawn with the Pitt Pen, skin tones are done with Promarkers, and the colours are the Berol Fine Markers and Triplus Fineliners. The Berol and Triplus are great because they don't bleed through the pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment