Saturday 13 April 2013

Sketching people at the local library

I finally made it to my local library. It is just a tiny neighbourhood library, I'm surprised we even have one. It really is very small but it was so busy. I don't believe this business the Government tells us that people don't use libraries and that they can be closed down. There were a lot of people reading the papers and all of the computers were constantly in use which to my mind is proof that the local library is a really useful and essential resource for many people.

I haven't been able to read (I mean I can't concentrate on it) since I've been pregnant, and I am so picky about what books I want to read. But amazingly, despite there only being a small selection due to the size of this library, I borrowed three books! I find life easier when I have less choice.

I then sketched a couple of people who were using the computers. I'm not keen on the first sketch. Well, I was until I put the colour on. The second sketch I really like. I loved this girl's bright pink wooly hat, it really suited her. I struggled a little bit at getting comfortable to do these sketches as I was on a chair that had wheels and a springy back which with the baby bump was a bit difficult to support myself on!

Equipment: Top Sketch - Pencil and Promarker. Bottom Sketch - Pitt pen, pink Triplus Fineliner, and a tiny bit of Promarker for her skin.

I really like the bright pink fineliner. I am going to add this into my carry around pencil case and keep an eye out for things to sketch that include this colour. When I am sketching out and about, I never add a colour to sketch that wasn't in the original scene.

2 comments:

  1. I love your work so much. It makes me happy to stop by and check in on what you're doing. I don't always leave a comment, but I do always leave a little more happy than when I got here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I love reading your blog too. You have a very entertaining way with words.

    ReplyDelete