Friday 5 April 2013

Ink wash on Moleskine

I had some watery Indian ink left in my palette after colouring in the lady and the lifeguard sketches so I decided to see what it would do on a page of the Moleskine (and obviously I didn't want to put that no.12 round brush down). Within a few seconds of hitting the paper the ink made a really pretty speckled effect.  It reminded me of the speckles on an egg. Ergo, I quickly drew an egg with pencil and then coloured it in with some ink wash! I also added a tiny bit of watercolour in a bluey-green colour to make it a bit more egg-coloured. 
Equipment: Papermate non-stop mechanical HB pencil (the Queen of pencils in my opinion and only costs 55p), Winsor & Newton black Indian ink, Winsor & Newton watercolour in some shade of bluey-green not sure what it is called. Also a scribble of Edding 780 white paint marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment