Monday 8 April 2013

Reverse Colouring In

This was an experiment. A couple of people who have looked at my sketchbooks, including a previous art tutor, have said that they like the effect the Promarkers produce on the reverse of the page.  It's true that they do bleed through paper a lot. They even make it through to the following page! So I always put a napkin or piece of kitchen paper between the pages to prevent that and I just use the reverse of any Promarker coloured pages for very rough sketches. But quite often the 'rough sketch' turns out to be something I quite like, and oddly enough the colours on the reverse of the page have worked really well with them.  There is one I have done which I keep meaning to blog that in my mind I've labelled 'disco cat'.

This morning I just started doodling my cup of tea and coloured it in but felt the colouring was a bit rubbish and too heavy. So I decided to work with the bleed through of the Promarker by resketching the cup on the reverse of the page  making the most of the colour that was already there. So technically the sketch on this page is only pencil and white pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment