Monday 22 April 2013

Time for a Cat Drawing

I'm so struck on wanting to sketch people and living things that on days when I can't engineer the opportunity to I'm finding I'm not doing any drawing at all! This could work to my advantage though as I really need to do more cat sketches if I'm ever going to get on and illustrate this book. So here is my faithful model Lox. The idea of doing this in the Seawhite sketchbook was to colour her in with an ink wash but I ended up doing some scribbly colouring in instead. She had just woken up and was straight out of her basket so something less 'sleek' and a bit more disheveled seemed more fitting. She is also a perfect model for a spot colour illustration with her black fluff and big green eyes that have a little bit of blue in the middle. She is a beautiful little thing.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful drawing, awesome eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. She just sits and looks at me so often, she's a good model!

      Delete