Tuesday 2 April 2013

H is for Humus (& EDM #316)

Here is a pot of something tasty!  It brings back memories of travelling in Israel, hence EDM #316 - 'Draw a Travel Memory'.   Also, I did the drawing on Good Friday which brought back memories for me of being in Jerusalem at Easter.

There is a discrepancy between the spelling in the picture and the title of this post as I always spell it 'humus' but on the pot the spelling is 'houmous'. I know it doesn't really matter. I was actually going to write it in Hebrew on the illustration too but didn't didn't really have room.  Whatever the spelling, it is tasty.  This is the one that has whole chick peas at the bottom too. It's difficult to get decent humus around here. When I lived in London I used to go to Golders Green to buy it.  Near where I live I have to go to a big supermarket where I can get this one which is imported, I think - well it says it's produced in Israel on the pot.  Other than that there is only the own brand stuff that the supermarkets make which I don't know whereabouts they got their ideas about what humus is but it is WAY off.
Equipment: HB pencil, Promarkers

No comments:

Post a Comment