Tuesday 30 April 2013

IF 'Farewell' Continuous Line

Didn't think I'd get around to doing an illustration for Illustration Friday this week but I was practising portraits (again) and did one as a continuous line drawing and thought it would be nice to carry it on into an illustration. I started drawing this lady and thought she looked like she was leaving behind one adventure and travelling on to a new one.  On reflection I see I haven't made the seat on the Amtrak train anywhere near as wide as they really are...I must've been getting confused with our British trains! :)

I can't believe I embarked on drawing copious amount of windows on the buildings after that tower block drawing! These were more fun to draw though as they were drawn continuously so at least it was easy to keep them in line. Also, I don't like the person pulling the suitcase on the platform. It's a little bit distracting I think. I really enjoyed doing this especially the lady's hair. She is a bit messy around the jaw line as at that stage I was going to work up a bit of shadow but then gave up as I wanted to go and do the hair. This was done with just a Pitt pen. I did think about putting in a spot colour but not sure what part would be best to use it on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing that you did that all in one line- great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had to crop it down a bit as it was getting a bit out of control! I cheated a bit and did the Austin-Chicago ticket above her and the Farewell Sunny South title separately as they were afterthoughts really. I think continuous line drawings are the most fun way to draw!

      Delete