Saturday 11 May 2013

Every Day in May: Day 9 - 'Lock'

After the fine liner fun of drawing the bag of coffee I wanted to use those Triplus fine liners some more! Drawing the little padlock on my diary was an obvious choice for a lock to draw as it is exactly the same bright fuschia colour as the pink in that pack of pens which I love so much. It is such an intense colour. I also drew the diary attached to it. I've been keeping this pregnancy diary since the start of the year so it made sense for it to be in this sketchbook too. And there are of course kittens on the front of the diary.

Something interesting I found when drawing the writing and the kittens was that although my first instinct was to turn the diary around and draw them upright, that actually didn't work out and it was much easier to turn the diary back around to its original sideways position and draw the cover sideways. I'm taking that as a good sign that I am in a good habit of drawing observationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment