Monday 6 May 2013

Every Day in May: Day 6 - 'Scented'

Today's theme was to draw something perfumed or scented. So I'd better explain my interpretation of this one! Yes, it is a hammer, and the handle smells really delicious...to me! It has a kind of rubbery/chemically/creosote smell and in my pregnancy I've become really obsessed with it. It lives in my kitchen drawer and every time I open the draw I breathe in because I love the smell so much! I mentioned in an earlier post that my granny loved the smell of welly boots when she was pregnant so it might be a family thing, or maybe it is along the lines of the supposed desire pregnant women develop for wanting to chew coal. Whatever it is, an illustration of this hammer had to be part of this pregnancy journal!It is the black part, not the yellow part that smells nice.
Equipment: Pitt pen 'XS', W&N watercolours. I really like that the yellow came up so bright. It looks nice and industrial which fits with the idea of a chemically smell.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! My sister liked the smell of skunks (I don't know if you have skunks over there...but they stink...really, really badly) and pencil erasers when she was pregnant...and really hated the smell of spaghetti/pizza sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I've really got an aversion to spaghetti bolognese and rich sauces. I think the erasers is probably the in the same vein! It's anything kind of rubbery. I could probably just chew a car tyre if the opportunity arose! I think your sister would've loved this hammer too! x

      Delete