Wednesday 22 May 2013

Every Day In May: Day 20/21 - 'Favourite Drink/Last thing I bought'

My favourite drink at the moment is fizzy water but I drew that for #1 Bubbly. So here is something else I love Pina Colada Snowcones or it could equally be a frozen Pina Colada. Couldn't draw this from observation as we don't have them in Bristol, UK. So I imagined it from memory in this fabulous flamingo glass I bought in IKEA at the weekend. It was only 75p!!!  I did the initial sketch in pencil on Monday and then painted it today. And it took me pretty much all afternoon to paint!!! I wanted to use acrylics as I thought that the texture of the snowcone would be better achieved with the fluffiness of acrylic. But of course I was using my A6 sketchbook, and only one page of it as opposed to the double page sketches I often do. So even with using a very fine brush it was a fiddly process to paint, especially around the lettering and the straw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment