Saturday 4 May 2013

Every Day in May: Day 4 - 'Socks'

I'm a bit fed up with the sight of my socks at the tail end of this neverending winter. I've managed to wear my flip flops at last this week so I really didn't want to be drawing my wretched socks! And as this EDMay thing is a baby diary thing and I'm sure my own socks aren't a massive feature of my pregnancy, I decided to draw some of the little socks my cousin sent me. When I first saw them I couldn't believe how small they are! To be honest, I can't believe how small babies are!  My mum is coming to stay this weekend hence why I had completed this by 6.30am before she arrives!




















Equipment: Retractable pencil (to keep a fine point), W&N watercolours in Lamp Black, Paynes Grey, and Ultra Marine, Seawhites A6 Travel Journal

2 comments:

  1. So sweet and teeny tiny! I like this version of socks better than adult socks too (I hate wearing socks!!!)...cute little baby socks are much better! I hope you have a good time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so fun to draw. I could've gone through the whole sketchbook drawing them! I wore my trainers today without socks but it was a bit cold and I had to come home and put socks on. I don't know when summer is going to get some consistency here in the UK!!

      Delete