Saturday 18 May 2013

Every Day in May: Day 18 - 'Belonging to someone else'

Okay, so I've got confused and drawn Day 19's theme for Day 18. Nevertheless, here it is 'Something that belongs to someone else'.  'Gosig Mus' is Loxie's favourite toy. He is a mouse from IKEA, although he's really big so more like a rat. I took 'gosig mus' to mean big mouse in Swedish. Lox loves the labels on him, which I left on. If I hold him by his head and shake him so his tail and labels rustle she goes absolutely crazy. I throw him across the room and she runs off and gets him and hurls him around in the air and then brings him back to me so I can throw him again. I love that Gosig Mus has a permanent look of having shrugged shoulders and raised palms in a 'okay cat,  here we go again' manner. Poor thing. I hope that if/when she finally encounters a real mouse it doesn't have to endure what Gosig Mus puts up with!

I really loved drawing this. I initially was going to have it as a pencil drawing as it is a delicate thing but I liked the effect I could get by using the pen in a sort of light, broken way to make him look fluffy and a bit roughed up.

Equipment: Pitt pen 'S', W&N watercolours Cad Red, Yellow Ochre, Indigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment