Thursday 23 May 2013

Every Day in May: Day 23 - 'Summer Joy'

I have eaten so much fruit while being pregnant so the arrival of something new coming into season is a welcome change. I bought these peaches knowing they aren't going to be the best peaches in the world - it's a cold May and they are from Spain - but they are surprisingly more tasty than I thought they would be. Peaches can be really dreadful if you accidentally get those ones that are dry and never get juicy but just go off in the bowl. These ones are white flesh rather than the yellow flesh ones that will come further into the summer. I must have enjoyed them because I bought them yesterday at around 5pm and within 24 hours have stuffed all but one of them, along with a whole mango!

I really like how this has turned out. They remind me a little bit of the Quentin Blake peach for James and the Giant Peach, not that I am in anyway comparing myself to Quentin Blake just to be clear!!!









Equipment: Pitt pen 'S', W&N watercolours in Cad Red Pale Hue, Aliz Crimson, Yellow Ochre (peaches), Indigo (shading/background)

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard when I read what you said about getting a bad peach...I totally agree. A good, juicy peach is the best thing in the world, but if you get a sandy, gross one, you're like "WHY UNIVERSE, WHY? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS HORROR???" Hehehe...that's how I feel about it anyway...

    I noticed no posts for a while now...is it because you are a momma now??? I know you were due soon, so I am hoping I get to be the first internet congratulations that you get!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, those 'pastey peaches' are the pits! And it is always when you made the mistake of buying a whole load of them rather than just one! Still not had the baby but thank you for the pre-congratulations! I've been going to stay at my Mum's quite a bit lately and didn't take much sketching stuff or my laptop, and also I'm struggling to sit and sketch comfortably over the bump! Hope you are well. x

      Delete