Monday 6 May 2013

Every Day in May: Day 5 - 'Fir Tree'

This is my little potted Christmas Tree. I got him for Christmas 2012. It was my first Christmas in my flat and at the time my living room hadn't been decorated so this little guy with a few lights on really cheered the place up. He now sits outside my kitchen window catching some rays and getting some fresh air until I bring him in next year. He is only about 2 feet high and I'm hoping he will be with me for a few years to come, the baby and I will be able to watch him grow over the years.

My mum was staying for the weekend so I didn't have much time for drawing, hence I did this as a continuous line drawing and sploshed a little bit of watercolour on at the end. After I had drawn him I noticed the interesting pattern his shadow was casting across the page on the left so I traced around it and coloured that in too. I really like that part of this actually.
















Equipment: Pitt pen 'S', W&N watercolours in sap green and lamp black, Seawhite A6 sketchbook


No comments:

Post a Comment