Monday 4 March 2013

S is for Sky and Sea

The sky is blue! Totally blue! And it is that sort of weather where there is a hazy feeling over everything, which is the best blue of all I think.  By coincidence, today I had reached EDM  #325 - 'Draw something that is blue'. So I couldn't help doing an 'S is for Sky' drawing. But as it was the hazy blue that makes me think of holidays, I wanted to make the drawing about the bluest best type of blue that exists and that for me is when you see blue sky from a plane window. And as it gets even bluer when it blends into the sea below, I added 'S is for Sea' as well.  So the composition is the view from a plane window.  I really hope that heaven does turn out to be like being in the sky because that will be just perfect.

What is written around the edge of the frame is something that the Captain said in his descent announcement when I was on a flight into Key West.  I'd never heard a captain on a plane give out inspirational messages before! And, as this was my first day in the USA, it was perfect and totally lived up to what I thought the US would be like.  For the record, over the remainder of my trip, the  USA became my favourite country of everywhere I've travelled to.  I heart it. Lots!
I dug my watercolours out for this one. They didn't take too kindly to the sketchbook.  But as I wanted to get a hazy effect it wasn't really an issue as I went over all of the blue areas lightly with a chalk pencil and ended up with exactly the effect I after (a rare occurrence!)

No comments:

Post a Comment