Wednesday 27 March 2013

Jug Illustration (&EDM #318)

I really like drawing as the first thing I do with my day, after feeding Loxie and having breakfast of course.  It means that even if the rest of the day turns out to be unproductive or not great in some way, I've always got the sense that I achieved something and did one thing I really enjoyed.  Lox wakes me up at 5am every day so tbh I could probably illustrate a book in a week with the amount of morning time I have if I really put my mind to it!!

Here is what I drew this morning with the inspiration of EDM #318 - 'Draw something with numbers'.  Clearly while drawing it developed into another visual diary of my pregnancy.
I had intended to also use the Creative Every Day B&W theme but I saw my Pink Promarker winking at me and couldn't help colouring the page pink before I'd even started the pencil work!  That might also be because I had opened the curtains just before sitting down to draw and had seen that the sun has made a reappearance after several days absence!
Materials: Baby Pink Promarker, Staedtler HB pencil, a little bit of white chalk pencil that didn't really work out I think because the Promarker ink wasn't fully dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment