Sunday 3 March 2013

L is for Lipbalm (and EDM #326)

Here is the masterpiece for today, drawn with one eye on See No Evil, Hear No Evil.  I love that film. Richard Pryor is (or I guess, was) so funny.  He had a horrible start in life though.

After enjoying drawing the fast moving cat yesterday, and seeing a big bright sunshine for the weather forecast for today, I had intended to go to the park and try and do some bird sketches - there is a pond in my local park with swans and ducks and things.  But the forecast was a lie as usual. I don't know why I look at it, it's always wrong.  And then they just change it on the day to make it match up to what is going on outside the window, and even then it's often still wrong!  So I stayed in the warm and did EDM #326 - 'Draw something you can keep in your pocket'.  I suppose you could be very creative with this and think of all sorts of obscure things you CAN keep in your pocket, but I chose to draw something that is in fact always in my pocket.  I also have counted 12 pages into the sketchbook and made it a 'Letter L' page.

It's cherry flavour of course. I've put one into my hospital bag as I can't be without lip balm, and it has to be Chapstick.  A lot of the other brands irritate my lips and dry them out more. 
The pen I was using since my Pitt Pen ran out wasn't as waterproof as I had thought and so the ink ran a bit when I put the colour on. For the colour I used drawing ink, not watercolour.  I had to make a guess at the font for the title of the page as Chapstick use their own in-house font which I didn't manage to track down.  The jury is really out still on this sketchbook.  The ink bleeds on it quite a bit, although it isn't really noticeable in this photo, only up-close in real life. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the color! I hadn't thought of drawing my lipgloss, which I use all the time!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I used Winsor & Newton Drawing Ink in Purple.

    ReplyDelete