Monday 18 March 2013

Heartburn Juice (and EDM #321 - 'Draw something that is forbidden')

It took me a while to work out what to draw for 'something that is forbidden'. The midwife provided me with a nice long list of things that would be forbidden to me, but as a consequence, my home doesn't contain them.  There's no rum in my cupboard, no brie in my fridge. Recently my Mum picked up some of my favourite juice for me...and then a couple of days later, before I'd had a chance to open this carton, the dreaded pregnancy heartburn came into my life.  It's not something I've ever had before so I wasn't sure what it was. Last week there was one day where it made me feel so sick I even missed my art class!  At my midwife appointment the next day she said to avoid fruit juice. So this delicious juice will stay unopened until my Mum comes over and she can drink it.
My light grey Promarker has totally run out now.  

4 comments:

  1. Very creative illustration~ excellent ~ Enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amanda. Clementine juice sounds so good. I have never heard of that here in the states - - we do have clementines but not juice. It is a good thing you caught the info before you dove in huh? Did you dream about it while sketching:-) ? Do you use pencil at all, or is all of your illustration done with the light grey marker? I love the look of that. Do you use promarker for color as well? When is your baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. The baby is due on June 9th, so I've just started the 3rd trimester and oh my goodness I'm definitely needing to slow down! I went swimming at 8am today but then fell asleep from 11am to 5pm!!

    The juice is really good. A bit less sweet than orange juice. I absolutely was distracted by wanting to drink it while sketching. So much so that it took me 3 attempts to get the shape of the carton right!

    For this drawing, all the lines are in Faber-Castell Pitt Pen. It is the 'XS' the finest one they do, although I think there is something wrong with the one I got because I've only had it a week and the nib has worn down on it to the point that I can't use it anymore. And I don't think I'm a very heavy handed sketcher so I wonder if I bought a dud one! It's a shame because the ink in them lasts for ages. I bought the XS in replacement of an S nib which I'd been using for about 2 years! So, I'm going back to using the S nib. The lines won't be quite so fine but it is more durable. For the colours in this sketch I used Promarker 'Cool Grey 1' for the shadows. And for the colour of the clementines I used Promarker 'Soft Peach'. I really love this colour. It is the same colour I used for the Flamingo 'Sunshine in a Bird' sketch. I prefer using pen for the lines as it stops me from procrastinating. I do sometimes use pencil. I used only pencil for the lines in the 'Me at a Bus Stop' sketch. I knew I was going to make loads of mistakes with numbers on the bus stop and with the face so I thought using pen was too risky! :) xx

    ReplyDelete