Tuesday 26 March 2013

Pepper, Salt, Hot Sauce! (EDM #319)

Here is a biro sketch on a napkin for EDM #319 - 'Draw the condiments on a diner or casual restaurant table'.

I thought I was perhaps going to have to skip EDM 319 as, since I have been pregnant, I never go out to eat anywhere, I'm too broke for such frivolities!  I only ever eat out anywhere when my Mum comes to stay.  As such, I've also stopped carrying around my little A6 Moleskine.  So when I was out having lunch with my Mum yesterday I suddenly noticed what was on the table 'Oh condiments! EDM 319!'  I said I couldn't possibly draw them while I was having lunch with her as that would be totally antisocial of me. But she said she thought I should definitely do the sketch and actually I managed to do it while we were waiting for the food to arrive.

I drew them with a black biro from my Mum's handbag and a napkin from the table.  I like the fact that it happened that way. It's nice to draw with/on unexpected materials. I also can't colour this as the napkin won't hold the colour so it's nice as a B&W sketch.

2 comments:

  1. It is nice to draw with unexpected materials but also it is also nice to draw unexpected memories. Beautiful and creative idea. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aga. Yes, you're right. I have a little sketch now that reminds me of our day out. You have a good weekend too. x

      Delete