Wednesday 20 March 2013

Rainy Day Cat

Last weekend Loxie and I were rained in. Her more so than me really.  She loves going outside to play but she really isn't keen on the rain.  She also really dislikes having to use a litter tray when she needs the loo - oh the indignity!  So I felt really sorry for her last Saturday when it was tipping down and she was sitting at the window looking longingly at the world outside the window.  I was also thinking about the Creative Every Day B&W theme.  It was almost B&W but I really wanted to include the brown colour of the window blind.

I originally did this drawing with the cat just as an outline, and I think I preferred it like that. But I coloured her in with the black lines to try and disguise a bit the fact that I had drawn her in the scene after the window and so the window frame was running through her! It made her look at bit like a ghost! I'm also really sorry to Loxie that I have done her a bit of a disservice. She is not as plump as I have made her look here! 
I was going to wait until I get the scanner to post this but as I haven't done any drawing for the last 2 days due to being tired and busy (putting together IKEA furniture and sorting baby stuff), I thought I'd just post it anyway. I will definitely re-upload it though as the rain will show up better under the scanner.

Thank you to Hwee at http://hweesartjourney.blogspot.co.uk/ for recommending the White Uni-ball Signo pen. It shows up quite nicely.
My grey Promarker was running out here so the grey outside the window isn't quite as dark and moody as I was intending.

No comments:

Post a Comment