Monday 19 August 2013

Sakura Lines...

Here are some more things that made their way into my sketchbook recently.  They are quite varied so it does feel a bit weird to compile them into one post but if I don't I might never get around to posting them!  I would say they are all sketches that are 'in progress' for various reasons... and in terms of equipment, they are all Sakura Pigma Micron 01 on the Seawhite Sketchbook (the Pregnancy Sketchbook).

Animals...
I would like to do some animal illustrations for Alexander and here's where I'm at thus far...


Unusual Things...
I realised recently that I have hit my limit on observational drawing of random objects. I've really enjoyed it and it has helped me to discover different styles of drawing and using different mediums but I am really a big believer in not continuing with something when you feel done with it. Instead I have been working on sketching things that I find unusual. This is also really helpful for me personally as I find lately that the places where I might get a few minutes of drawing time are very repetitive - the local park being the main one, so keeping an eye out for the not-so-obvious is quite helpful...



Shadows...
I noticed in the park a some interesting shadows falling across my 'blank page'. So I drew around them and I really like the scene it created I am now on the lookout for more interesting shadows. I wonder if anyone can guess what the shadow inducing objects were! :) ...

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the goose! He is just spot on! I want to copy him so badly and I am not even a bird person! That goose just makes me happy to a ridiculous degree!

    I don't know what the shadow is...because you were at the park, I know I'm not right, but it looks like the outline of a lighthouse one a cliff and as though a tree were in the line of sight...now I'm super curious to know what it really is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweet! I always love your comments. This little goose has a special significance for me as I always call Alexander a gurgly goose when he is gurgling and trying to talk. The other day my Mum and I are sure we heard him actually try to repeat us saying gurgly goose. I think 'goose' could end up being his first word!

      As for the shadow, the squiggly stuff on the left is the shadow of my hair hanging over the page, and the 'lighthouse' on the right is...my Sakura pen with the lid off!

      Delete
  2. That goose looks like it could just walk off into the page. It is so well done as is your alpaca. Wonderful sketches - such a great practice. Visiting from cED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. I really enjoy drawing animals and birds and it is so encouraging to have lovely comments on them as it makes me want to practice drawing them more and more. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete