Friday 2 August 2013

My Hiatus Pt2: 'Harbourfest'

For those that don't know Bristol, it has a lot of water running through it and a lot of boats so the city holds this Harbourfest event. I was hoping to do a couple of sketches of boats to use for some art for Alexander's wall as he seems to like looking at boats. But in fact I ended up paying more attention to the other stuff going on - like the dance stage which had some amazing dance crews and Bristol breakers and poppers. Something else I really liked was this tree in the 'Happiness Project' area. It is a tree and you get a coloured paper leaf and write on it what you are grateful for and tie it to the tree. I wrote a leaf on Alexander's behalf and wrote 'Grandma' on it because we really would be lost without her.

To sum up the day I did this little illustration. It looks like I have loads of time on my hands doesn't it?! Actually it was the kind of repeated pattern drawing that was quite easy to do one-handed while Alexander was on my lap.

I don't really like that I coloured it black. In hindsight I would've coloured it all light grey including the leaves.

Equipment: Sakura Pigma Micron, Berol Fine, Promarkers (I forget which colours)

No comments:

Post a Comment