Friday 9 August 2013

My Hiatus: The First Thing I Drew After Having A Baby (and what followed)

This was the first thing I drew after my son was born. I just really wanted to draw something again and unsurprisingly what was to hand was a toy. I sploshed a bit of watercolour on at a later date. I have no idea how I had the time for watercolour! I guess he must've slept in the daytimes more back in those early days. I also drew his other favourite toys in the days that followed..but gave up on watercolour for pens instead as you can use them while holding a baby!



Other things that were convenient to draw...(these sketches all remind me why I always write the time on my page)!


I've also found I do a fair bit of sketching in the park as the walk there usually sends Alexander to sleep in his pram.  It gives me a bit of time to sketch but to be honest I generally think it looks a mess because my mind is so focussed on him in case someone comes along and steals him.



2 comments:

  1. I really like the sketches of the baby toys. They look so colourful and happy! Wish you a nice day with your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Hirondelle! Yes, sketching these toys was a nice opportunity to use some bright colours. I love your blog by the way!

      Delete