Monday 19 August 2013

Old Stuff: More Animals and Birds

A few more things I have found in the old files... and on one of my favourite subjects: animals and birds! Equipment and style is pretty varied!
My cat Flori (Loxie's actual mummy!)

Stuffed owl sketched at Natural History Museum, London

Another owl sketched at Natural History Museum and coloured digitally, YES! Digitally!! I was obviously feeling brave enough to open Gimp on that day!

My 2011(?) Christmas card design. Dip pen and watercolour on Arches paper.

'There in a wood a piggywig stood'. Illustration for The Owl and The Pussycat. Watercolour on some quite cheapy rough watercolour paper.

'They danced by the light of the moon'. Illustration for The Owl and The Pussycat. Again, watercolour on cheapy watercolour paper.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel. That is so encouraging. I'm not always so convinced :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the owl and the pussy cat illustrations!!! That's one of my favorite rhymes/stories! I always liked the runcible spoon line, because (I had to look it up)it's basically a fancy non-disposable spork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love that it is a spork! I keep thinking I'd like to have another go at some illustrations for the Owl and the Pussycat but less traditional.

      Delete