Wednesday 27 February 2013

Sunshine in a Bird!

I've just done this very very very quick Flamingo illustration.  We've had days and days of grey skies here in Bristol and today it was really making me feel flat.  I didn't feel like doing anything, and I started thinking about how much I would love a holiday, and then I started thinking about Key West, and Florida and sunshine and then flamingos.  So I drew this little guy.  He took about 5 minutes and then a bit more time for the colouring in.

Again, the colours aren't coming up as vibrant here as in real life as I'm using the camera on my phone which isn't a very fancy one.  Also, as I was just messing about with this, I didn't bother rubbing out the pencil mistakes so when I coloured it in the colours got a bit muddy in places.  But I really loved doing the 1980's tropical style colours, they remind me of a beach dress my mum used to wear when I was little.  I am constantly amazed how versatile my limited colour palette of 7 Promarkers is, and 2 of the colours I rarely ever include.  I am going to have to get a new Vanilla one though as it is running out now as I use it so frequently for highlights and white skin tone. 

Anyway, this flamingo brightened my day.  The lovely flamingo. Sunshine in a bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment