Saturday 23 February 2013

'Sketchbooks'

I've had a bit of a sketchbook epiphany. I've got so many really nice sketchbooks and pads of paper, like the blocks of bristol board, Arches hot pressed (at about 20 quid a shot), Moleskines, and the as yet untouched Hahnemuhle landscape fold-flat travel sketchbook thing I bought last week. But what I actually end up using is things like this 69p 'Drawing Book' from the cheapo shop on Church Road (my local high street). Same same when I go to art class I always take a decent hardback sketchbook but more often than not end up using a sheet of sugar or computer paper from the tutor. It's also occurred to me that the thinness of the cheapo stuff makes no odds as my beloved Promarkers bleed through even the fancy papers. So, with that in mind, and me being broke, im going to stick to the bargain shop kids' art section from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment