Friday 22 February 2013

Wool Illustration - IF


I signed up to Illustration Friday three weeks ago and have managed to actually do a picture for all three of the weeks so far!  I'm enjoying IF, as it actually makes me produce something that is complete. IF gives you a theme, and a week. Well, both are pretty useful to me as I am rubbish at thinking up what to draw and more importantly, I'm ludicrously slow at doing art.  I'm a person who goes to life drawing and leaves with pictures of a model with their head or a limb missing, and a person who takes all day to do a 6x6 inch collage. Knowing that there is a cutoff point for when I can get the illustration in is therefore incredibly useful to me!
Here is my creation, a collage, for IF's 'Wool' theme which ended yesterday.  I finished it and uploaded it to IF and Flickr at around 23.50 last night!

It reads 'Grandma has been knitting and we can't wait for you to get here'.

Medium: Collage, chalk, pencil, and an obstreperous white gel pen. Finding close-up pictures of wool was more difficult than I'd anticipated!  It started off as a quick sketch of some baby booties my mum has knitted. They are actually purple but I had no chance of finding photos of purple wool in the magazines knocking around my home so I made these ones white instead!

1 comment:

  1. Thats amazing, you can feel the texture of the wool. Beautiful, well done! x

    ReplyDelete