Tuesday 10 September 2013

Red Ant Black Ant

I was in the park the other day and I saw a red ant approach my blanket. 'I don't want you hanging around and stinging me' I thought and I shooed him away. Then I saw a little black ant walk up to the red ant and then they went their separate ways. I'm not sure whether red ants and black ants get on. Do they associate? Do they live alongside each other in harmony? An insectologist would know the answer to this, in fact a quick Google would probably give me an answer but I preferred to do a little illustration to pose this insecty question...
Equipment: pencil, watercolours in Ivory Black and Aliz Crimson.

2 comments:

  1. I love this page so much! It's like the conversations my brain has with itself...we must be very similar thinkers, you and I! :)

    ReplyDelete