Monday 11 November 2013

Mr Dangly Legpeg Lion aka IF 'Energy'

Alexander absolutely loves this little lion. It is a finger puppet I bought at Longleat Safari Park when we went there when he was only a few weeks old.  I think what he must like about it is that its legs are made of string and that they are dangly because his favourite game is when I (or Grandma) hold the lion above his face while he is on his back and either jump the lion up and down or just generally shake it frantically! He gets so excited and flaps his arms and legs like he's doing snow angels. And if I shake the lion next to Alexander's ears, it makes him really giggle as he apparently has pretty ticklish ears. The other morning we were playing with the lion and I put on 'Iron, Lion Zion' and Alexander just got so excited he flapped like he was going to take off.  This lion-induced excitement really made me want to draw a lion... and then guess what happened...???...the thing I always dread...my drink leaked in my bag and soaked my Moleskine!!! Fortunately it was only fizzy water but it was very wet and very buckled so I hung it on the radiator and then squashed it under a copper-bottomed saucepan. It was finally passable for being back in action today and seeing that the IF theme for this week is 'Energy' I scribbled down a sketch of Mr Dangly Legpeg Lion. Here he is...
Equipment: Pencil 2B and Moleskine

5 comments:

  1. Too cute! His face is great...I want one! He looks like a very happy lion, no wonder Alexander loves him so much. I love reading about Alexander...I can just imagine your proud mama smile when you write about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweet. I heard a rumour also that Santa might be bringing him a book about a lion 'Ssshhhhh.' I saw on your blog that you drew a sketch of your husband which made me think I really should attempt a sketch of Alexander!

      Delete
  2. I love this drawing, Amanda!!!!!!!!! you got a good and strong line with the pencil!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberto. It's funny how sometimes you feel like drawing with pen and sometimes you just want a good old pencil!

      Delete
  3. Such a cute story! Great sketch you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete